November 25, 2016
The day the Gilmore’s returned. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life made it’s debut on Netflix and millions of fans rejoiced.
After watching the episodes multiple times, I’ve noticed themes and things that I’ve loved and irritated me. I have written fuller reviews for each part of the series but here is a quick rundown of things that I loved, hated and questioned.
- Sookie did finally make an appearance in a way too short scene towards the end of the series in fall. She needed more time.
- Was I supposed to care about the Life and Death Brigade more than I actually did?
- Rory seems especially awful in this four part series. Was this done on purpose and if so, why?
- Those final four words…..yeah, there are opinions to be discussed later.
- Paris and Doyle. Why could we not focus on them more? Why are they divorcing? Why aren’t they back together?
- Lane and Zach. What about them?
- The parade of celebrity chefs was a ridiculous gag that just went on way too long.
- That musical.
- The Paul Gag: when jokes become mean.
- Are we supposed to forget season seven ever happened?
The Gilmore Girls revival aired on Netflix in a four part series: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Read for more detailed reviews. I hope you will.